EMPLOYMENT WITH VOGEL ALCOVE
Vogel Alcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes for posted, open positions. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. Resumes are kept on file for six months. Vogel Alcove is an at-will employer. Our open positions are listed below. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Teacher Assistant – Full-Time
This is a regular, full-time position that serves as an Assistant working collaboratively with classroom teachers. The Assistant implements age-appropriate activities in coordination with the Lead Teacher according to the curriculum selected by Vogel Alcove, NAEYC Standards and Texas Minimum Standards. Assistants can work independently in a Lead Teacher’s absence but typically will work other classroom teachers. All activities support the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children assigned to a specific constant care group, which maintains an anti-bias, non-sexist, non-racist environment.
This position is a perfect fit for college students or parents needing flexible Monday-Friday hours while their children are in school. The minimum requirements for the position are a CDA or 12 credit hours in Early Childhood Education courses, Associate’s Degree preferred. At least three years’ experience working with and caring for young children would be a plus. Salary: $12 per hour.
Preschool Teacher – Full Time
This is a regular, full-time position that plans and implements appropriate activities that support the social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development of the children in our care. The ideal candidate must be flexible and able to communicate well with parents, volunteers and staff. This position must work well with other teachers to support the team approach to classroom staffing. The candidate also must understand that the families we serve are living in traumatic circumstances.
The minimum requirements for this position are: a BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Texas Teaching Certification preferred; at least two years’ work experience in direct service to young children (infants, toddlers and pre-school); and working knowledge of best practices for the management of challenging behaviors in young children. Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Preschool Lead Teacher (Full-Time)
NATURE & SCOPE:
Vogel Alcove, an over 30 year old non-profit in Dallas, whose mission is dedicated to the care and early childhood education of young children from homeless and domestic abuse shelters has an opening for a Preschool Lead Teacher in their NAEYC Accredited child care facility. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual to work with children 6 weeks to five years in the classroom setting who is eager to learn about and provide therapeutic care to the youngest victims of homelessness.
- To provide a warm nurturing emotional environment by balancing a child’s need for security and acceptance with a child’s need to experience safe opportunities to explore through “hands-on” experience.
- To interact and communicate with children in an age appropriate and developmentally appropriate manner.
- To individualize interactions to a child’s special talents, interest, individual style, disabilities, pace of learning and cultural/family background.
- To coordinate meal and snack experiences to ensure quality nutritional and social development.
- To ensure updated accurate information is available on all children assigned under teacher’s care.
- To possess the ability to adapt teaching in response to children’s differences through providing individualized activities and care for each child in constant care.
- To use developmentally appropriate practices when assisting with activities based upon selected program curriculum and stated on lesson plans.
- To obtain appropriate supplies and equipment in conjunction with weekly activity plans.
- To maintain up-to-date attendance and other records and forms on the children. To notify supervisor when informed of changes.
- To follow all Standards as outlined by NAEYC and Head Start.
- To maintain relationships with families that is professional and do not present to be a conflict of interest.
This position is a full-time flexible hours Monday-Friday position. The minimum requirements for the position is a Bachelor Degree preferred with 2 years’ experience working and caring for young children. Salary commensurate with experience. Must be able to be flexible and work between the hours of 7am – 6 pm.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history.
Sous Chef (Full-Time)
Vogel Alcove, over 30 year old nonprofit organization, has an opening for a full time Sous Chef in their NAEYC accredited Early Childhood Education program which serves children birth to twelve years of age from homeless and domestic abuse shelters. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual who appreciates and understands the special needs and concerns of the children in our program and their families.
We are a community funded center and we are growing by the day to support the children we serve. Our program serves infants 6 weeks to children 12 years of age and we are responsible for food production in accordance to the USDA CACFP Program. This position is responsible for all aspects of kitchen service as well as computer work including documenting food production records, monthly inventory and submitting orders through vendors. The Vogel Alcove Kitchen is licensed by the Dallas County Health Department and produces quality meals and snacks to children adhering to serving sizes and focusing on fresh ingredients. Must have exceptional organization, math and technology skills to successfully perform functions required of this position.
Qualifications for this position are high school diploma or equivalent, minimum 18 years of age, 2 to 5 years’ experience as assistant cook in institutional setting or related training, a current Food Handler’s Certificate, clean criminal history and valid driver’s license. Vogel Alcove offers a generous benefits package, competitive salary, and a great working environment.
No phone calls, please.
NATURE & SCOPE OF POSITION
We are seeking an experienced Part-time Salesforce Administrator to take ownership of the operating effectiveness and maintenance needs of our Salesforce Instance. We are seeking someone with excellent technical and communication skills to work closely with our Development (Fundraising), Finance, and Marketing Departments (and others) to understand their needs in order to administer and enhance the system accordingly. This person will serve as the “go to” for users, promote adoption, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions, provide training, and more. Additionally, the Administrator will perform basic updates, such as add/delete users, and adding basic custom fields.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide consistent administration and support of Salesforce including but not limited to (i) managing users, profiles and roles; (ii) customization of objects, fields, record types, and page layouts; and (iii) managing, testing, and implementing workflow triggers, validation rules, alerts, automated email responses
- Troubleshoot problems and manage ongoing support requests of end users.
- Manage Salesforce security including roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups.
- Perform ongoing data cleaning, data de-duping, and data quality assurance to ensure data quality and integrity and data security.
- Manage all integrated third-party extensions including Nonprofit Success Pack, Apsona for Salesforce, MailChimp, Volunteers for Salesforce, Form Assembly and Classy.
- Coordinate new user and ongoing training sessions and support.
- Coordinate hard mailing lists and email lists for various campaigns both in Salesforce and Mailchimp (as applicable).
- Proactively seek opportunities for technological solutions to improve process efficiency and solve organizational challenges.
- Program changes as needed to implement continuous improvement solutions
- 2+ years of experience working with Salesforce and at least 1 year as a Salesforce Administrator, preferably using the Nonprofit Success Pack.
- com Admin Certifications a plus.
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality.
- Experience migrating data with Data Loader or equivalent, creating and maintaining automation processes including validation and workflow rules and process builder.
- Ability to communicate technical needs and solutions with non-technical staff.
- Highly organized and efficient with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent analytical, process design and problem-solving skills, and demonstrated project management experience; ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills (listening and relationship-building abilities, along with strong verbal, written, presentation skills), with ability to effectively interact with individuals of all levels and backgrounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), Google Suite and other web-based programs and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.