EMPLOYMENT WITH VOGEL ALCOVE
Vogel Alcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes for posted, open positions. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. Resumes are kept on file for six months. Vogel Alcove is an at-will employer. Our open positions are listed below. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Teacher Assistant – Full-Time
This is a regular, full-time position that serves as an Assistant working collaboratively with classroom teachers. The Assistant implements age-appropriate activities in coordination with the Lead Teacher according to the curriculum selected by Vogel Alcove, NAEYC Standards and Texas Minimum Standards. Assistants can work independently in a Lead Teacher’s absence but typically will work other classroom teachers. All activities support the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children assigned to a specific constant care group, which maintains an anti-bias, non-sexist, non-racist environment.
This position is a perfect fit for college students or parents needing flexible Monday-Friday hours while their children are in school. The minimum requirements for the position are a CDA or 12 credit hours in Early Childhood Education courses, Associate’s Degree preferred. At least three years’ experience working with and caring for young children would be a plus. Salary: $12 per hour.
Preschool Teacher – Full Time
This is a regular, full-time position that plans and implements appropriate activities that support the social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development of the children in our care. The ideal candidate must be flexible and able to communicate well with parents, volunteers and staff. This position must work well with other teachers to support the team approach to classroom staffing. The candidate also must understand that the families we serve are living in traumatic circumstances.
The minimum requirements for this position are: a BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Texas Teaching Certification preferred; at least two years’ work experience in direct service to young children (infants, toddlers and pre-school); and working knowledge of best practices for the management of challenging behaviors in young children. Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Preschool Lead Teacher (Full-Time)
NATURE & SCOPE:
Vogel Alcove, an over 30 year old non-profit in Dallas, whose mission is dedicated to the care and early childhood education of young children from homeless and domestic abuse shelters has an opening for a Preschool Lead Teacher in their NAEYC Accredited child care facility. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual to work with children 6 weeks to five years in the classroom setting who is eager to learn about and provide therapeutic care to the youngest victims of homelessness.
- To provide a warm nurturing emotional environment by balancing a child’s need for security and acceptance with a child’s need to experience safe opportunities to explore through “hands-on” experience.
- To interact and communicate with children in an age appropriate and developmentally appropriate manner.
- To individualize interactions to a child’s special talents, interest, individual style, disabilities, pace of learning and cultural/family background.
- To coordinate meal and snack experiences to ensure quality nutritional and social development.
- To ensure updated accurate information is available on all children assigned under teacher’s care.
- To possess the ability to adapt teaching in response to children’s differences through providing individualized activities and care for each child in constant care.
- To use developmentally appropriate practices when assisting with activities based upon selected program curriculum and stated on lesson plans.
- To obtain appropriate supplies and equipment in conjunction with weekly activity plans.
- To maintain up-to-date attendance and other records and forms on the children. To notify supervisor when informed of changes.
- To follow all Standards as outlined by NAEYC and Head Start.
- To maintain relationships with families that is professional and do not present to be a conflict of interest.
This position is a full-time flexible hours Monday-Friday position. The minimum requirements for the position is a Bachelor Degree preferred with 2 years’ experience working and caring for young children. Salary commensurate with experience. Must be able to be flexible and work between the hours of 7am – 6 pm.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history.
Outdoor Classroom Teacher (Part-time-20 hours, 8 am – Noon, M-F)
NATURE & SCOPE:
The Early Childhood Enrichment program manager will be responsible for the planning and implementation of the enrichment program for Vogel Alcove’s early childhood program.
Reporting: Director of Early Childhood
- Maintain the garden areas – vegetable gardens, sensory garden, and wildlife garden. This can include watering, weeding, mulching, bed amendments, material organization, compost maintenance. Harvest processing, and storage. Garden areas are to be maintained using sustainable, organic, and child-safe gardening methods.
- Plan and set up appropriate activities for the children to experience in The Backyard (Nature Explore playground) each day.
- Provide educational and therapeutic garden interactions with the children, inside the garden and in the classroom. Child interactions may include facilitating science explorations, scavenger hunts, bug hunts, sensory interactions in the mud kitchen and sensory garden, watering, planting, misting, harvesting, food preparation, art activities, material preparation and clean up.
- Work with Assistant Director, Volunteers and Community Outreach and Director of Operations, to plan and implement large projects with the assistance of volunteers. Big backyard maintenance projects can include adding wood chips to the play areas, adding sand to the sand box, add soil amendments to the garden beds, sanding wooden structures, trimming fence lines, planning, building garden areas as needed.
- Work with teachers to plan monthly field trips. Secure transportation and manage all logistical aspects of each field trip.
- Work with our partners at Dallas Heritage Village (DHV) to plan and implement walking field trips and learning activities inside of the village and in the ECE classroom onsite.
- Schedule outside groups to come onsite to provide enrichment performances/activities for children – music, instruments, yoga, story time, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Horticultural knowledge and experience.
- Experience working with children ages 6 weeks – 5 years.
- Ability to bend, stoop, twist, walk on uneven surfaces, and word outdoors in Texas weather.
- Creative skills in music, art, dance, etc. preferred.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sous Chef (Full-Time)
Vogel Alcove, over 30 year old nonprofit organization, has an opening for a full time Sous Chef in their NAEYC accredited Early Childhood Education program which serves children birth to twelve years of age from homeless and domestic abuse shelters. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual who appreciates and understands the special needs and concerns of the children in our program and their families.
We are a community funded center and we are growing by the day to support the children we serve. Our program serves infants 6 weeks to children 12 years of age and we are responsible for food production in accordance to the USDA CACFP Program. This position is responsible for all aspects of kitchen service as well as computer work including documenting food production records, monthly inventory and submitting orders through vendors. The Vogel Alcove Kitchen is licensed by the Dallas County Health Department and produces quality meals and snacks to children adhering to serving sizes and focusing on fresh ingredients. Must have exceptional organization, math and technology skills to successfully perform functions required of this position.
Qualifications for this position are high school diploma or equivalent, minimum 18 years of age, 2 to 5 years’ experience as assistant cook in institutional setting or related training, a current Food Handler’s Certificate, clean criminal history and valid driver’s license. Vogel Alcove offers a generous benefits package, competitive salary, and a great working environment.
No phone calls, please.