EMPLOYMENT WITH VOGEL ALCOVE
Vogel Alcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes for posted, open positions. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. Resumes are kept on file for six months. Vogel Alcove is an at-will employer. Our open positions are listed below. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE (Part-time)
NATURE & SCOPE
We are seeking an experienced Part-time Development Associate to provide administrative support to the President/CEO, the Development Team, and to be responsible for the reporting and monitoring needs from the Salesforce database. We are seeking someone with excellent technical and communication skills to work closely with our Development Team to support their needs in order to administer our fundraising program effectively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the administrator for the Salesforce system.
- Develop and run reports for fundraising monitoring.
- Coordinate hard mailing lists and email lists for various campaigns both in Salesforce and Mailchimp (as applicable)
- Troubleshoot problems and manage ongoing support requests of end users.
- Act as liaison to Salesforce contractor.
- Perform ongoing data cleaning, data de-duping and data quality activities.
President/CEO Admin Support:
- Administrative support for Board of Directors and board meeting preparation and follow up.
- Administrative support for grant preparation, collating, mailing, and record keeping.
- Perform grant research as requested.
Development Team Support:
- Assist with fundraising and outreach events.
- Assist with preparation of various mailings.
- General administrative support as needed.
- Minimum of 3-years experience working in a Development role.
- 2+ years of experience working with Salesforce and at least 1 year as a Salesforce Administrator, preferably using the Nonprofit Success Pack.
- com Admin Certifications a plus.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality.
- Highly organized and efficient with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent analytical, process design and problem-solving skills, and demonstrated project management experience; ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a collaborative team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills (listening and relationship-building abilities, along with strong verbal, written, presentation skills), with ability to effectively interact with individuals of all levels and backgrounds.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), Google Suite and other web-based programs and tools.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
Shared Position between Vogel Alcove and Dallas Heritage Village
Dallas Heritage Village is an immersive history museum, located in the rapidly redeveloping Cedars neighborhood. DHV welcomes a diverse audience of schools, local families and tourists. Our vision is to be a place to make history in the heart of the Cedars neighborhood.
Vogel Alcove offers homeless parents a safe and nurturing place to bring their young children while they work to rebuild their lives. It is the program’s goal to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty for Dallas-area families with young children.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Since March 2014, Vogel Alcove has been operating in former Dallas ISD campus City Park Elementary, located directly across the street from Dallas Heritage Village. A close partnership immediately developed, and Initial opportunities to host the little learners from across the street included planned, curriculum-guided field trips as well as simple walks through the Village’s historic grounds. In September 2016, Dallas Heritage Village was awarded a 3-year grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) to enhance and evaluate early childhood learning opportunities through its partnership with Vogel Alcove and its engagement of family visitors. As part of this grant, The Parlor, a preschool-focused play space opened in 2017.
Throughout the partnership, both organizations have realized the importance of a shared position to maintain and grow this relationship, as well as expand early learning opportunities throughout Dallas Heritage Village.
This position will:
- Be the primary liaison for the DHV/Vogel Alcove partnership, including planning curriculum-centered field trips
- Build additional partnerships for both organizations
- For Vogel Alcove—plan additional preschool field trip opportunities to locations throughout Dallas
- For DHV—coordinate and develop all early childhood learning opportunities, including Barnyard Buddies and programming in the Parlor. This may also include new programming such as special preschool tour options or incorporating child-friendly elements into other exhibits throughout DHV.
- For DHV—expand the Vogel Alcove field trip model to other early childhood educational providers
- May perform additional duties, as directed.
This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours, with benefits. Supervisor and primary office will be at DHV. Some weekend hours required. Salary range: $36,000-$40,000.
Dallas Heritage Village and Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter email@example.com. Position is listed until filled.
Teacher Assistant – Full Time
This is a regular, full-time position that serves as an Assistant working collaboratively with classroom teachers. The Assistant implements age-appropriate activities in coordination with the Lead Teacher according to the curriculum selected by Vogel Alcove, NAEYC Standards and Texas Minimum Standards. Assistants can work independently in a Lead Teacher’s absence but typically will work other classroom teachers. All activities support the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children assigned to a specific constant care group, which maintains an anti-bias, non-sexist, non-racist environment.
This position is a perfect fit for college students or parents needing flexible Monday-Friday hours while their children are in school. The minimum requirements for the position are a CDA or 12 credit hours in Early Childhood Education courses, Associate’s Degree preferred. At least three years’ experience working with and caring for young children would be a plus. Salary: $12 per hour.
Preschool Teacher – Full Time
This is a regular, full-time position that plans and implements appropriate activities that support the social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development of the children in our care. The ideal candidate must be flexible and able to communicate well with parents, volunteers and staff. This position must work well with other teachers to support the team approach to classroom staffing. The candidate also must understand that the families we serve are living in traumatic circumstances.
The minimum requirements for this position are: a BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Texas Teaching Certification preferred; at least two years’ work experience in direct service to young children (infants, toddlers and pre-school); and working knowledge of best practices for the management of challenging behaviors in young children.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Preschool Lead Teacher (Full-Time)
NATURE & SCOPE:
Vogel Alcove, an over 30 year old non-profit in Dallas, whose mission is dedicated to the care and early childhood education of young children from homeless and domestic abuse shelters has an opening for a Preschool Lead Teacher in their NAEYC Accredited child care facility. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual to work with children 6 weeks to five years in the classroom setting who is eager to learn about and provide therapeutic care to the youngest victims of homelessness.
• To provide a warm nurturing emotional environment by balancing a child’s need for security and acceptance with a child’s need to experience safe opportunities to explore through “hands-on” experience.
• To interact and communicate with children in an age appropriate and developmentally appropriate manner.
• To individualize interactions to a child’s special talents, interest, individual style, disabilities, pace of learning and cultural/family background.
• To coordinate meal and snack experiences to ensure quality nutritional and social development.
• To ensure updated accurate information is available on all children assigned under teacher’s care.
• To possess the ability to adapt teaching in response to children’s differences through providing individualized activities and care for each child in constant care.
• To use developmentally appropriate practices when assisting with activities based upon selected program curriculum and stated on lesson plans.
• To obtain appropriate supplies and equipment in conjunction with weekly activity plans.
• To maintain up-to-date attendance and other records and forms on the children. To notify supervisor when informed of changes.
• To follow all Standards as outlined by NAEYC and Head Start.
• To maintain relationships with families that is professional and do not present to be a conflict of interest.
•This position is a full-time flexible hours Monday-Friday position. The minimum requirements for the position is a Bachelor Degree preferred with 2 years’ experience working and caring for young children. Salary commensurate with experience. Must be able to be flexible and work between the hours of 7am – 6 pm.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history.