EMPLOYMENT WITH VOGEL ALCOVE
Vogel Alcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes for posted, open positions. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. Resumes are kept on file for six months. Vogel Alcove is an at-will employer. Our open positions are listed below. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Early Childhood Behavior Specialist
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
The Early Childhood Behavior Specialist will be a part of the Child Care Center team, serving the homeless children (ages 6 weeks – 5 years) and their families in our early childhood program. The Behavior Specialist will provide support to teaching staff, families and children by assessing individual needs, completing follow-ups and ensuring utilization of on-site and local mental health programs.
- Comply with standards and regulations of NAEYC Accreditation, Head Start/Early Head Start, and TX Child Care Licensing.
- Offer support to teaching staff for behavior management, to include de-escalation and crisis management training, behavior intervention, modeling appropriate behavior strategies and conducting student observations.
- Assist students in identifying inappropriate behaviors and develop better behavior alternatives.
- Complete individual mental health observations, write report and communicate with teachers, managers, social work team on plans to implement including: classroom strategies and supports needed, behavioral plans, and follow-up.
- Meet with teachers and families to develop intervention plans for behavior, share resources to support family with managing behaviors.
- Plan, conduct and provide staff training regarding early childhood mental health and behavior strategies.
- Actively communicate with teaching staff regarding progress and regressions.
- Review, monitor and complete classroom observations.
- Monitor and follow-up on child plans and implementation. Maintain records of student’s progress, services provided and behavioral data. Produce reports as requested.
- Collaborate with on-site Mental Health clinic therapists and outside agencies and families.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood, Psychology, Behavioral Health, Social Work, or a related field.
- Master’s in Social Work, preferred.
- Specialty certificate in Applied Behavioral Analysis, preferred
- 3-years experience in an early childhood classroom or setting.
- Experience working with children with special needs.
- Experience working with children in trauma and knowledge of trauma informed care.
- Knowledge of early childhood classroom rating scales – ITERS, ECERS, CLASS.
- Knowledge of Pyramid Model and Conscious Discipline, preferred.
- Ability to work during our operating hours – Monday-Friday (7 AM – 6 PM) to accommodate parent schedules for meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent case management and record keeping skills.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office programs
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and follow through with minimal direction in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Attention to detail, project management skills, and strong organizational skills
- Flexibility, in varied job assignments.
- Upbeat, positive, warm, and outgoing personality. Ability to establish positive working relationships with staff, parents, and other professionals.
- Energetic team player, who work well in collaborative situations
- All other duties as assigned
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
Shared Position between Vogel Alcove and Dallas Heritage Village
Dallas Heritage Village is an immersive history museum, located in the rapidly redeveloping Cedars neighborhood. DHV welcomes a diverse audience of schools, local families and tourists. Our vision is to be a place to make history in the heart of the Cedars neighborhood.
Vogel Alcove offers homeless parents a safe and nurturing place to bring their young children while they work to rebuild their lives. It is the program’s goal to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty for Dallas-area families with young children.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
Since March 2014, Vogel Alcove has been operating in former Dallas ISD campus City Park Elementary, located directly across the street from Dallas Heritage Village. A close partnership immediately developed, and Initial opportunities to host the little learners from across the street included planned, curriculum-guided field trips as well as simple walks through the Village’s historic grounds. In September 2016, Dallas Heritage Village was awarded a 3-year grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) to enhance and evaluate early childhood learning opportunities through its partnership with Vogel Alcove and its engagement of family visitors. As part of this grant, The Parlor, a preschool-focused play space opened in 2017.
Throughout the partnership, both organizations have realized the importance of a shared position to maintain and grow this relationship, as well as expand early learning opportunities throughout Dallas Heritage Village.
This position will:
- Be the primary liaison for the DHV/Vogel Alcove partnership, including planning curriculum-centered field trips
- Build additional partnerships for both organizations
- For Vogel Alcove—plan additional preschool field trip opportunities to locations throughout Dallas
- For DHV—coordinate and develop all early childhood learning opportunities, including Barnyard Buddies and programming in the Parlor. This may also include new programming such as special preschool tour options or incorporating child-friendly elements into other exhibits throughout DHV.
- For DHV—expand the Vogel Alcove field trip model to other early childhood educational providers
- May perform additional duties, as directed.
This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours, with benefits. Supervisor and primary office will be at DHV. Some weekend hours required. Salary range: $36,000-$40,000.
Dallas Heritage Village and Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter email@example.com. Position is listed until filled.
Responsible for keeping the building in clean, safe and orderly condition, removing debris, and keeping areas neat and tidy. Duties may include tending furnace and boiler, performing routine maintenance activities and notifying management of need for repairs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the hall and rooms are thoroughly cleaned and set up in accordance with the requirements.
- Make a visual check of the facility and the grounds plus pick up rubbish around building. Report all needed repairs/maintenance to supervisor.
- Light maintenance and bulb changes.
- Perform maintenance such as minor repairs to plumbing and fixtures as instructed by the management.
- Maintenance of emergency lighting, alarms, heat and public lighting systems, inspect roofs and clean drains, gutters and downspouts.
- Be responsible the maintenance storage closet, set up and maintain in good order to remain in compliance with fire safety codes.
- Keep area around garbage bins clean.
- Assist in cleaning and maintenance of facilities on a regular schedule.
- Notify the supervisor concerning need for major repairs.
- Should have knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools and occupational hazards and safety rules.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them, if needed.
- Clean buildings by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces, if needed.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants, if needed.
- Assist Directors with safety checks i.e. tornado drill, fire drills and monthly extinguisher checks.
- Sterilize classrooms’ rooms.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Perform painting of interior surfaces.
- Shovel snow from sidewalks and sprinkle salt on surface.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment, if needed.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snowplows, snow blowers, and snow shovels, and spread snow melting chemicals.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Select equipment, materials, or supplies for cleaning or maintenance activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age.
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- A minimum of two years’ experience janitorial, custodian or related field.
- General knowledge of the HVAC system (broiler, EMS system, chillers, etc.)
- General knowledge of changing ballasts and starter; if not, ability to be taught the task.
- Must have general knowledge on how to dry wall (new/repair) and paint.
- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs., kneel, stoop, run, walk, bend and sit on floor.
- Must be able to work on a ladder.
- Must have current driver’s license.
- Must be available to work some weekends and flexible hours
- Able to respond to after-hours emergencies when needed
- Must be able to pass a Drug Screen, FBI Criminal and DPS Background check.
Teacher Assistant – Full Time
This is a regular, full-time position that serves as an Assistant working collaboratively with classroom teachers. The Assistant implements age-appropriate activities in coordination with the Lead Teacher according to the curriculum selected by Vogel Alcove, NAEYC Standards and Texas Minimum Standards. Assistants can work independently in a Lead Teacher’s absence but typically will work other classroom teachers. All activities support the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children assigned to a specific constant care group, which maintains an anti-bias, non-sexist, non-racist environment.
This position is a perfect fit for college students or parents needing flexible Monday-Friday hours while their children are in school. The minimum requirements for the position are a CDA or 12 credit hours in Early Childhood Education courses, Associate’s Degree preferred. At least three years’ experience working with and caring for young children would be a plus. Salary: $12 per hour.
Preschool Teacher – Full Time
This is a regular, full-time position that plans and implements appropriate activities that support the social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development of the children in our care. The ideal candidate must be flexible and able to communicate well with parents, volunteers and staff. This position must work well with other teachers to support the team approach to classroom staffing. The candidate also must understand that the families we serve are living in traumatic circumstances.
The minimum requirements for this position are: a BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Texas Teaching Certification preferred; at least two years’ work experience in direct service to young children (infants, toddlers and pre-school); and working knowledge of best practices for the management of challenging behaviors in young children.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Preschool Lead Teacher (Full-Time)
NATURE & SCOPE:
Vogel Alcove, an over 30 year old non-profit in Dallas, whose mission is dedicated to the care and early childhood education of young children from homeless and domestic abuse shelters has an opening for a Preschool Lead Teacher in their NAEYC Accredited child care facility. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual to work with children 6 weeks to five years in the classroom setting who is eager to learn about and provide therapeutic care to the youngest victims of homelessness.
• To provide a warm nurturing emotional environment by balancing a child’s need for security and acceptance with a child’s need to experience safe opportunities to explore through “hands-on” experience.
• To interact and communicate with children in an age appropriate and developmentally appropriate manner.
• To individualize interactions to a child’s special talents, interest, individual style, disabilities, pace of learning and cultural/family background.
• To coordinate meal and snack experiences to ensure quality nutritional and social development.
• To ensure updated accurate information is available on all children assigned under teacher’s care.
• To possess the ability to adapt teaching in response to children’s differences through providing individualized activities and care for each child in constant care.
• To use developmentally appropriate practices when assisting with activities based upon selected program curriculum and stated on lesson plans.
• To obtain appropriate supplies and equipment in conjunction with weekly activity plans.
• To maintain up-to-date attendance and other records and forms on the children. To notify supervisor when informed of changes.
• To follow all Standards as outlined by NAEYC and Head Start.
• To maintain relationships with families that is professional and do not present to be a conflict of interest.
•This position is a full-time flexible hours Monday-Friday position. The minimum requirements for the position is a Bachelor Degree preferred with 2 years’ experience working and caring for young children. Salary commensurate with experience. Must be able to be flexible and work between the hours of 7am – 6 pm.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history