EMPLOYMENT WITH VOGEL ALCOVE
Vogel Alcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes for posted, open positions. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. Resumes are kept on file for six months. Vogel Alcove is an at-will employer. Our open positions are listed below. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Director of Parent Opportunity Center
General Description: The Director of the Parent Opportunity Center directs and manages daily operations of the programs for families; provides supervision to clinical family support specialists; provides strategic leadership in program planning and evaluation; provides clinical support to staff; and provides supervision of all consultants and vendors supporting the Parent Opportunity Center. This position assures the department functions as an ethical and professional team that works effectively with all departments within the organization. This position is a member of the senior management team and actively participates as a contributing member of this team to insure the effectiveness of the organization to carry out the mission of Vogel Alcove. This position is also a member of the Center Management team and collaborates with Director, Early Childhood Programming; Director, Innovation; and the Director of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the Parent Opportunity Center in an efficient and effective manner to enable staff to competently manage responsibilities, activities and programs with professionalism, ethics, creativity, and teamwork.
- Provide supervision, development, and evaluation of all family support staff, including clinical oversight for clinical family support specialists.
- Accountable for the quality implementation of family case management; Job Ready Programming; Career Ready programming; family support programming; and all other programming held in the Parent Opportunity Center lab.
- Responsible for data collection and reporting for all family support strategic outcomes and required reports.
- Plan and implement professional development and training for all family support staff.
- Accountable for budget planning, monitoring, financial policy compliance, and general oversight of the financial aspects of the Parent Opportunity Center.
- Maintain communication and develop collaborative relationships with affiliate agencies and other community agencies which provide support to the Parent Opportunity Center.
- Participate as an active contributing member of the Senior Management and Center Management teams and work collaboratively with all departments within the organization.
- Represent the organization within the community, as a representative, spokesperson and liaison, as requested.
A Master’s degree in Social Work, LMSW, LCSW and clinical experience documented. A minimum of five years of program management experience and staff supervision and a minimum of three years working in programs serving children and families. Experience with homeless clients, preferred. Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills, professionalism, customer service, and team work. Strong organizational and computer skills. Ability to strategically plan, implement, and lead creative and innovative programming serving homeless children and families.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, generous benefits plan and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please.
Teacher Assistant – Full-Time
This is a regular, full-time position that serves as an Assistant working collaboratively with classroom teachers. The Assistant implements age-appropriate activities in coordination with the Lead Teacher according to the curriculum selected by Vogel Alcove, NAEYC Standards and Texas Minimum Standards. Assistants can work independently in a Lead Teacher’s absence but typically will work other classroom teachers. All activities support the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children assigned to a specific constant care group, which maintains an anti-bias, non-sexist, non-racist environment.
This position is a perfect fit for college students or parents needing flexible Monday-Friday hours while their children are in school. The minimum requirements for the position are a CDA or 12 credit hours in Early Childhood Education courses, Associate’s Degree preferred. At least three years’ experience working with and caring for young children would be a plus. Salary: $12 per hour.
Preschool Teacher – Full Time
This is a regular, full-time position that plans and implements appropriate activities that support the social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development of the children in our care. The ideal candidate must be flexible and able to communicate well with parents, volunteers and staff. This position must work well with other teachers to support the team approach to classroom staffing. The candidate also must understand that the families we serve are living in traumatic circumstances.
The minimum requirements for this position are: a BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Texas Teaching Certification preferred; at least two years’ work experience in direct service to young children (infants, toddlers and pre-school); and working knowledge of best practices for the management of challenging behaviors in young children.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Vogel Alcove, a 30+ year old nonprofit organization, has an opening for a full-time Prep Cook in their NAEYC accredited Early Childhood Education program which serves children birth to twelve years of age from homeless and domestic abuse shelters. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual who appreciates and understands the special needs and concerns of the children in our program and their families.
We are a community funded center and we are growing by the day to support the children we serve. Our program serves infants 6 weeks to children 12 years of age and we are responsible for food production in accordance to the USDA CACFP Program. This position is responsible for all aspects of preparing food and other duties as assigned. The Vogel Alcove Kitchen is licensed by the Dallas County Health Department and produces quality meals and snacks to children adhering to serving sizes and focusing on fresh ingredients. Must have exceptional organization, math and technology skills to successfully perform functions required of this position.
Qualifications for this position are high school diploma or equivalent, minimum 21 years of age, 2 to 4 years’ experience providing professional food services to the public, a current Food Handler’s Certificate, clean criminal history and valid driver’s license.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, generous benefits plan and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone calls, please.
Preschool Lead Teacher (Full-Time)
NATURE & SCOPE:
Vogel Alcove, an over 30 year old non-profit in Dallas, whose mission is dedicated to the care and early childhood education of young children from homeless and domestic abuse shelters has an opening for a Preschool Lead Teacher in their NAEYC Accredited child care facility. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual to work with children 6 weeks to five years in the classroom setting who is eager to learn about and provide therapeutic care to the youngest victims of homelessness.
• To provide a warm nurturing emotional environment by balancing a child’s need for security and acceptance with a child’s need to experience safe opportunities to explore through “hands-on” experience.
• To interact and communicate with children in an age appropriate and developmentally appropriate manner.
• To individualize interactions to a child’s special talents, interest, individual style, disabilities, pace of learning and cultural/family background.
• To coordinate meal and snack experiences to ensure quality nutritional and social development.
• To ensure updated accurate information is available on all children assigned under teacher’s care.
• To possess the ability to adapt teaching in response to children’s differences through providing individualized activities and care for each child in constant care.
• To use developmentally appropriate practices when assisting with activities based upon selected program curriculum and stated on lesson plans.
• To obtain appropriate supplies and equipment in conjunction with weekly activity plans.
• To maintain up-to-date attendance and other records and forms on the children. To notify supervisor when informed of changes.
• To follow all Standards as outlined by NAEYC and Head Start.
• To maintain relationships with families that is professional and do not present to be a conflict of interest.
•This position is a full-time flexible hours Monday-Friday position. The minimum requirements for the position is a Bachelor Degree preferred with 2 years’ experience working and caring for young children. Salary commensurate with experience. Must be able to be flexible and work between the hours of 7am – 6 pm.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history.