EMPLOYMENT WITH VOGEL ALCOVE
Vogel Alcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes for posted, open positions. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. Resumes are kept on file for six months. Vogel Alcove is an at-will employer. Our open positions are listed below. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan and a great working environment.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.
Teacher Assistant – Full Time
This is a regular, full-time position that serves as an Assistant working collaboratively with classroom teachers. The Assistant implements age-appropriate activities in coordination with the Lead Teacher according to the curriculum selected by Vogel Alcove, NAEYC Standards and Texas Minimum Standards. Assistants can work independently in a Lead Teacher’s absence but typically will work other classroom teachers. All activities support the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children assigned to a specific constant care group, which maintains an anti-bias, non-sexist, non-racist environment.
This position is a perfect fit for college students or parents needing flexible Monday-Friday hours while their children are in school. The minimum requirements for the position are a CDA or 12 credit hours in Early Childhood Education courses, Associate’s Degree preferred. At least three years’ experience working with and caring for young children would be a plus. Salary: $12 per hour.
Preschool Teacher – Full Time
This is a regular, full-time position that plans and implements appropriate activities that support the social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development of the children in our care. The ideal candidate must be flexible and able to communicate well with parents, volunteers and staff. This position must work well with other teachers to support the team approach to classroom staffing. The candidate also must understand that the families we serve are living in traumatic circumstances.
The minimum requirements for this position are: a BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Texas Teaching Certification preferred; at least two years’ work experience in direct service to young children (infants, toddlers and pre-school); and working knowledge of best practices for the management of challenging behaviors in young children.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Preschool Lead Teacher (Full-Time)
NATURE & SCOPE:
Vogel Alcove, an over 30 year old non-profit in Dallas, whose mission is dedicated to the care and early childhood education of young children from homeless and domestic abuse shelters has an opening for a Preschool Lead Teacher in their NAEYC Accredited child care facility. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual to work with children 6 weeks to five years in the classroom setting who is eager to learn about and provide therapeutic care to the youngest victims of homelessness.
• To provide a warm nurturing emotional environment by balancing a child’s need for security and acceptance with a child’s need to experience safe opportunities to explore through “hands-on” experience.
• To interact and communicate with children in an age appropriate and developmentally appropriate manner.
• To individualize interactions to a child’s special talents, interest, individual style, disabilities, pace of learning and cultural/family background.
• To coordinate meal and snack experiences to ensure quality nutritional and social development.
• To ensure updated accurate information is available on all children assigned under teacher’s care.
• To possess the ability to adapt teaching in response to children’s differences through providing individualized activities and care for each child in constant care.
• To use developmentally appropriate practices when assisting with activities based upon selected program curriculum and stated on lesson plans.
• To obtain appropriate supplies and equipment in conjunction with weekly activity plans.
• To maintain up-to-date attendance and other records and forms on the children. To notify supervisor when informed of changes.
• To follow all Standards as outlined by NAEYC and Head Start.
• To maintain relationships with families that is professional and do not present to be a conflict of interest.
•This position is a full-time flexible hours Monday-Friday position. The minimum requirements for the position is a Bachelor Degree preferred with 2 years’ experience working and caring for young children. Salary commensurate with experience. Must be able to be flexible and work between the hours of 7am – 6 pm.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular full-time and regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history.