EMPLOYMENT WITH VOGEL ALCOVE
Vogel Alcove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We accept resumes for posted, open positions. We do not accept unsolicited resumes. Resumes are kept on file for six months. Vogel Alcove is an at-will employer. Our open positions are listed below. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit their resume and cover letter with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Kitchen Manager – Full-time
Vogel Alcove, a 31 year old nonprofit organization, has an opening for a Full-Time Kitchen Manager in their NAEYC accredited Early Childhood Education program which serves children birth to twelve years of age from homeless and domestic abuse shelters. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual who appreciates and understands the special needs and concerns of the children in our program and their families.
As a member of the Vogel Alcove Management team, the Kitchen Manager position ensures managerial responsibility of all Policy & Procedures as well as USDA CACFP regulations. This position is responsible for a high degree of safety and sanitation practices in accordance with Dallas county Health Department Standards. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to participating in: menu planning, food purchasing, maintaining accurate record keeping, proactive and effective monitoring for fiscal best practice. Assists the Chef, Prep Cook, and Classroom Teachers to ensure nutritious, visually appealing, and tasty meals.
The primary function of the Kitchen Manager is to maintain: a high degree of safety, sanitation in the food service areas, comply with the food preparation and non-food supplies guidelines.
- Minimum High School diploma, or G.E.D., at least 21 years old.
- A food Service Certificate or Associate’s degree is preferred in Culinary Arts or equivalent as described by USDA regulations.
- 3-5 years’ experience providing professional food services to the public.
- Demonstrate ability to assume leadership role in a kitchen in the absence of the Cook and in a professional environment.
- Knowledge of the Dallas county Health Department Regulations as they pertain safety and sanitation standards.
- Have the physical strength and stamina to work in the kitchen facilities energetically.
- Ability to prudently and tactfully deal with other staff in supportive role.
- Function in a varied work environment indoors and outdoors.
- Manage working in occasional high-stress, high noise environment.
- Able to life 40 lbs., able to walk, kneel, stoop, bend, and sit on floor.
- Ability to cook and prep cook for over 200 people daily, three meals a day.
- Must have exceptional organization and technology skills (Microsoft Office and/or other database programs) to successfully perform functions required of this position.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history email@example.com. No telephone calls, please.
Teacher Assistant – Full-Time
This is a regular, full-time position that serves as an Assistant working collaboratively with classroom teachers. The Assistant implements age-appropriate activities in coordination with the Lead Teacher according to the curriculum selected by Vogel Alcove, NAEYC Standards and Texas Minimum Standards. Assistants can work independently in a Lead Teacher’s absence but typically will work other classroom teachers. All activities support the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of children assigned to a specific constant care group, which maintains an anti-bias, non-sexist, non-racist environment.
This position is a perfect fit for college students or parents needing flexible Monday-Friday hours while their children are in school. The minimum requirements for the position are a CDA or 12 credit hours in Early Childhood Education courses, Associate’s Degree preferred. At least three years’ experience working with and caring for young children would be a plus. Salary: $12 per hour.
Preschool Teacher – Full Time
This is a regular, full-time position that plans and implements appropriate activities that support the social, emotional, cognitive, language and physical development of the children in our care. The ideal candidate must be flexible and able to communicate well with parents, volunteers and staff. This position must work well with other teachers to support the team approach to classroom staffing. The candidate also must understand that the families we serve are living in traumatic circumstances.
The minimum requirements for this position are: a BA degree in Early Childhood Education, Texas Teaching Certification preferred; at least two years’ work experience in direct service to young children (infants, toddlers and pre-school); and working knowledge of best practices for the management of challenging behaviors in young children. Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Facility Assistant – Part-Time
Vogel Alcove, a 31 year old nonprofit organization, has an opening for a Part-time Facility Assistant in their NAEYC accredited Early Childhood Education program which serves children birth to twelve years of age from homeless and domestic abuse shelters. This position is a regular part time position that shares the responsibility for providing general building services as an assistant, as well as providing laundry services, light cleaning around the facility, and organizing storage areas. Duties include providing laundry services to the kitchen and classrooms, organizing storage areas, including the resource center, ordering necessary supplies, front desk assistance, and light cleaning tasks. The ideal candidate must be flexible and able to communicate well with parents, volunteers, and staff on a consistent basis. This person must work well with other staff to support the team. The ideal person must understand that the families served at Vogel Alcove are currently under extenuating circumstances where stress and trauma are experienced within the family structure, therefore this person must also have compassion, patience, and extend respect to our families at all times.
- Assist with dishwashing, as needed.
- Collect laundry from classrooms, wash laundry, and return to classroom based on established schedule or as needed.
- Maintain storage areas and kitchen and laundry equipment, materials, and supplies in a safe and orderly manner.
- Restock materials and supplies in the classrooms.
- Help organize and maintain the Resource Center.
- Complete light cleaning tasks, as needed.
- Assist with Front Desk duties, as needed.
Minimum requirements for this position is at least one year related experience. Minimum 21 years old. Experience in a child care setting preferred. Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record and must pass a background check and be fingerprinted. The candidate must be able to work part-time, 30 hours per week, Monday – Friday and be flexible in working shifts. The typical shift for this position is 8:00am to 2:30pm, with a 30 min lunch.
Vogel Alcove offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications, a generous benefits plan for regular part-time employees and a great working environment. Qualified candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.