A child’s first natural form of communication is playing, their language is play and their words are toys.
Our Play Therapists help children explore emotions and deal with unresolved trauma. Through play, children can learn new coping mechanisms and how to redirect inappropriate behaviors. With toys, children are able to play out different situations in their life that are causing concern.
The therapists offer support to teachers in the classrooms and provide parents with useful parenting tools and skills. Our playrooms are stocked with toys in the following 5 categories:
· Expressive toys (craft supplies, easel & paints)
· Aggressive toys (weapons, toy soldiers, foam bat and ball)
· Fantasy toys (doctor kit, a cash register, dress up clothing, puppets)
· Scary toys (reptiles & dinosaurs)
· Nurturing toys (dollhouse, babies, kitchen play set)