The overcast skies and blustery wind did not stop more than 5100 families and friends from celebrating the first day of 2020 together at Day 1 Dallas. In our fifth year, the event, traditionally held in Dallas, was relocated to Frisco’s Dr Pepper Ballpark and Embassy Suites Convention Center. Families celebrated New Year’s Day together amidst a multitude of family-fun activities and shows.
We had a spectacular fireworks show set to children’s music, interactive children’s activities, crafts and games, live bands and performances.
After a full afternoon of great times, everyone gathered for the fireworks show at Dr Pepper Ballpark. Welcomed by Lifestyle Frisco’s Kelly Walker, Karen Hughes, our President and CEO, welcomed everyone and thanked the crowd for joining in the fun. She recognized Geoff Bailey, Oncor and Vogel Alcove Board Member; John Wander, Vogel Alcove Board Chair and Partner with Vinson & Elkins; Frisco Mayor Jeff Cheney and Scott Burchett, Chief Operating Officer, Frisco RoughRiders, and our staff.
Day 1 Dallas in Frisco offered activities that kids of all ages loved, including:
- Inflatable bounce houses and a face-to-face rock-climbing wall
- Costumed Star Wars-themed characters that made for great selfies!
- Performances by Magician Grant Price, The Frisco School of Rock, the Zumba League, and Wildlife on the Move.
- Home Run Derby on the RoughRider field while kids tested their pitching speed in the official dugout of the Roughriders
- A magical playground in the Cardboard construction area – always a huge hit.
- Arts and crafts and Face Painting stations
- Slithery reptiles from Wildlife on the Move/Ascend Camp
- Smash-a-car and Paint-a-car stations
- Touch-a-truck construction equipment
This event could not have happened without support from our sponsors: Copart, Oncor, Kimberly-Clark and iHeartMedia. Other sponsors include driversselect – an EchoPark Company, WFAA Channel 8, Rogers-O’Brien Construction, Hill & Wilkinson General Contractors, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Frisco/Visit Frisco.com, Celanese, Pizza Hut, 24 Hour Fitness, SpringFree Trampoline, Pegasus Technology Solutions, Southwest, Elizabeth and AlexHolmes, KinderCare Learning Centers, Ally, CineMark, Cricket Wireless, Reliant – an NRG company, Lisa and Bob Segert, NTTA, Weaver, Power Crunch, Resort Vacations, Inc., Top Golf, Main Event, Patti Ann’s Flowers. In-kind sponsors included Ascend, Frisco, Wildlife on the Move, Frisco RoughRiders, Plustar, Norma’s Café, Texas Entertainment Group, Lifestyle Frisco, Frisco Arts, DFW child, Texas Legends Basketball.
Thank you to everyone who participated, our sponsors, our volunteers, and all of our guests! We had a blast this year at Day 1 Dallas in Frisco.
Check out some photo highlights from this years event below. To view a full gallery visit our Facebook page, here